Banana Oat Cookie Recipe
Here is a recipe for delicious banana oat cookies, which are perfectly soft, and have a cake-like texture. These are quick and easy to bake, only need 5 ingredients, and are healthy, gluten-free and vegan!
Banana Oat Cookies:
Makes 6 cookies
- 2 medium banana
- 200g oats
- 4 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 100g dark chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 170c
- Place the bananas in a medium-sized bowl and mash it with a fork. A
- Add the oats, maple syrup and coconut oil and mix until combined.
- Leave the mixture to rest for 10 minutes, so that the oats can absorb any excess moisture.
- After 10 minutes, mix in the chocolate chips and the salt.
- Take a tbsp. of the mixture and roll into a ball and place on a lined baking tray. Squash the ball to flatten it until the cookie is approximately 1cm thick
- Repeat for the whole batch of mixture.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, sprinkle with extra chocolate chips and leave to cool.