Baked Porridge Recipe – Banana and Blueberry
For as long as I can remember, porridge has been my go-to breakfast, but after seeing a few people making ‘baked porridge’ recently, I thought I would give it a go!
The texture of baked oats is somewhere in-between a dense cake and a chewy oat cookie – and the blueberries burst in the oven, making the dish juicy!
I flavoured mine with cinnamon, banana and blueberry – but like with regular oats, this recipe is versatile and can be flavoured however you like!
Baked Banana and Blueberry Porridge (serves 2)
- 100g rolled oats
- 200ml milk (I use almond)
- 1 banana (thinly sliced)
- Handful of blueberries
- 1tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5
- Meanwhile, pre-soak oats for 10 minutes in 200ml of hot water
- Mix oats with the milk, cinnamon, and half the banana and blueberries
- Pour mixture into your baking dish and top with remaining fruit and a sprinkle of cinnamon
- Bake for 15 minutes until the oats are creamy and have absorbed most of the liquid
This recipe can be stored in the fridge for 3 days, and reheated in the microwave.